I like to have a soundtrack to my entire life, but I especially cannot bear to work out without music driving me along. My playlist changes frequently, the only guiding trend being the voices in my head, so I thought I might start sharing them with you to offer some inspiration. You should note that during workouts is about the only time I voluntarily listen to rap music.
Some of my choices might also seem odd. Not many people probably view the Pogues as exercise music. But you have to understand, I’m not one of these new-agey cloud of incense and peace types. I work out angry. When I’m kicking the heavy bag, I’m picturing someone’s esophagus rupturing. If I don’t feel like I’m going to have a heart attack and puke when I’m done, I don’t feel I’ve done my due diligence.
The sun is shining. No more excuses. Get up out of those chairs and let me see you jiggle it, my loves.
- All Due Respect- Run The Jewels feat. Travis Barker
- F.A.M.E. – Young Jeezy Feat. T.I.
- Wish – Nine Inch Nails
- Yonkers – Tyler, The Creator
- And It Rained All Night – Thom Yorke
- That’s Not My Name – The Ting Tings
- No Flex Zone – Rae Sremmurd
- Down In Oakland – Transplants
- DERP – Bassjackers & MAKJ
- Never Wanted to Dance – Mindless Self Indulgence
- Young Rapunxel – Azealia Banks
- Sink – Brand New
- Sea Legs – El P & Killer Mike
- Work- Perfect Pussy
- The Art of Peer Pressure – Kendrick Lamar
- 10 Bands – Drake
- Ratchet – Borgore
- The Pogues -Hell’s Ditch