(Disclosure: this post contains affiliate links)
Growing out short hair can be a real pain! Try our messy up-do to give you a new look while you’re waiting for your hair to grow out.
Here’s our simple step-by-step tutorial for this versatile style–from the professionals on the Color Crew at Madison Reed!
1. Section out a 2″ by 2″ section right below your crown.
2. Twist and pin this section, this will act as base to anchor all your other pins.
3. Start taking small sections, twisting and pinning to the base you have created.
4. Take and twist pieces from your nape and pin to the base.
5. Take sections from your temple and twist back, pinning in place.
6. You are left with the top section, back tease just a bit for some added volume.
7. Twist back and pin back, hiding the original base you created.
8. The finished product should look messy and lovely.
9. Finally, pull out a few face framing tendrils and you are on your way!
Now is the perfect time to try Madison Reed’s healthier for you color! Happy October! Take $10 off your first purchase of Madison Reed hair color – just use the offer code OCTOBERLOVE at checkout.